How Does Rsync Behave ?

Chao,Eisen R. Eisen.Chao at cna.com
Sat Dec 8 08:16:17 EST 2001

Hi All:

I am going thru the documentation and I noticed that there is some talk
about
returning error codes. Some Q:s

* If rsync encounters a network error, does it do retries ?
  Can you control the # of retries ?

*  Do the rsync client & server stop running upon encountering an error ?
   Can you tell rsync to stop upon the first error encountered ?

* If the remote rsync encounters an error that is local, say a disk I/O
error,
  does this error get eventually sent back to the client ? If so, can you
  encapsulate rsync inside of a shell script to react different ways
depending
  upon the returned result code from the remote copy of rsync ?

Thanks,

Eisen Chao
CNA Insurance
Chicago