{rsync} problem uploading to an rsync server

M. Drew Streib dtype at dtype.org
Thu Dec 6 07:21:55 EST 2001

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 03:05:19PM -0500, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
> It claims my module is read only, but it is not:
>
> [test]
>         uid = root
>         gid = root
>         path = /home/www/www.blah.com-test
>         comment = this is a test
>         auth users = blah
>         secrets file = /etc/rsyncd.secrets

from the man page for rsyncd.conf:
"
       read only
              The  "read  only" option determines whether clients
              will be able to upload files or not. If "read only"
              is  true  then  any attempted uploads will fail. If
              "read only" is false then uploads will be  possible
              if  file  permissions on the server allow them. The
              default is for all modules to be read only.
"

Note that read only is the default. You'll need to explicitly set read
only to false if you want the module to be writeable.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype at dtype.org>, Free Standards Group (freestandards.org)
co-founder, SourceForge.net | core team, freedb | sysadmin, Linux Intl.