Netware modify bit changed

Juan J. López juan at comports.com
Wed Dec 5 14:56:23 EST 2001

Dave:

	With "archive bit" I mean a MS-DOS file attribute (like "read only", "system" or "hidden").
When the "archive" attribute of a file is set, that file is presumed to be changed after the last
backup and then must be copied again. The backup aplication reset the "archive" attribute when
copy a file. On the other hand, the operating system (DOS, Windows, etc) set it when the file is
modified.
	Why rsync set this attribute on the copy, even when the original file is unchanged?

Thanks,
Juan