rsync internationalization?

Phil Howard phil-rsync at ipal.net
Tue Dec 4 03:26:13 EST 2001

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 12:16:46AM +1100, Martin Pool wrote:

| Does anybody care about supporting non-English message locales in
| rsync?  (Do all sysadmins speak English? :-)  Would anybody contribute
| translations if we had the framework?

Based on the quality of security and non-open-relay configurations I
have seen throughout the internet, I'd say that the vast majority of
sysadmins do not read English (or even any language) at all :-)

As long as the internationalization does not stuff the executeable with
messages of all languages, I'm all for it.  For messages that are going
to be in the executeable, it might be nice to have a configure time
option to specify a language to be integrated if you want something
different than the default.

I'd contribute Texan but I've only lived in Texas for about 8 years so
I really don't know all of the language here, yet :-)