connect errors

Aaron Weber aweber at techie.com
Sat Aug 18 04:38:22 EST 2001

All:

I'm trying to run the cygnus-port on Win2K Server.  I have the dll and the ported code (exe).  It seems to run without access violation or anything.

Since Windoze doesn't have a good RSH, and I'm only going to use this between my two laptops, I decided to setup an rsync server on one of them...no problem.  Seems to run, shows "Starting..." in the log...good conf file, all that.

However, whenever I try to connect via "rsync -v localhost::" I get:
"read error: Connection reset by peer"

Any ideas why?  Even if I installed all the cygnus stuff, rsync is just too big to step through these days.  Tried adding my username/password, but the conf file is setup for "anonymous" access.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
--AJ
mailto:aweber at techie.com