error codes

Abdul Rahman ARahman at SevenSpace.com
Tue Aug 14 00:21:00 EST 2001

All:

I am attempting to do an scp through rsync on a remote solaris machine.
I am getting a 5120 error return code from rsync placed in -v mode.  What
does this mean?
Looking on the box where the remote files where to be copied to, i found the
root file system full.
I know the copy was attempted, but just making some observations, does this
code mean that
the copy could not be completed.  Obviously this is not a 0,0 status so i
know something is afoot.
Looking at time/date stamps on the files i see the old versions not the new
ones.

Another error code i got was 3072 which was from an scp command that ran
through rsync.  What does
this mean?

Ambitiously, is there a detailed list of error codes and what they mean? I
would like to be able to have
exit status' acted upon in a wrapper script based on the return code.

Thanks in advance,

Abdul

Abdul Rahman, Ph.D.
Manager