Rsync and delete

RoBSD robsd at softhome.net
Thu Aug 9 01:54:02 EST 2001

Hello,

Sorry to bother you but I have the following problem with rsync:
I made a script that run each night to make a copy of the servers
but until yesterday I did not had a "--delete" option and I found that
I have a lot of deleted files on the backup system.

Today I added the "--delete" but this option is working with the
following command:

/usr/local/bin/rsync -azRq --delete -e /usr/local/bin/ssh
root at x.x.x.x:/home/dns/ /home/work/dns1

(only a subdirectory) but not with the following command (I need to
backup everything)

#!/bin/sh

/usr/local/bin/rsync -azRq --delete -e /usr/local/bin/ssh
root at x.x.x.x:/ /home/work/dns1

I need also to use "--force"?

Please reply to my address because I'm on the list!

Thank you,
Radu