--delete option not working
carville at cpl.net
Wed Aug 8 13:15:38 EST 2001
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Wayne Davison wrote:
- On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Stephen Carville wrote:
- > rsync --rsh=ssh -vv --recursive --delete /source/dir/* \
- > euphrates:/destination/dir/.
- > but it still does not delete the files!
- Perhaps you're talking about the files in the top-level
- (/destination/dir) directory? If so, you didn't tell rsync to delete
- files in that directory. To do this, you'd have to use this command:
- rsync --rsh=ssh -vv --recursive --delete /source/dir/ \
- Note the lack of a '*' wildcard. Rsync only deletes files in the
- directories that it copies over. If you tell it to copy multiple
- items out of directory (such as /source/dir/*) it copies all those
- items, but does not delete files within the containing directory
- because that directory was not transferred.
That worked, thanks!
--Stephen Carville http://www.heronforge.net/~stephen/gnupgkey.txt
Government is like burning witches: After years of burning young
women failed to solve any of society's problems, the solution was to
burn more young women.
More information about the rsync