--delete option not working
carville at cpl.net
Wed Aug 8 11:26:35 EST 2001
On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 Steven at heimann.com.au wrote:
- On 08/08/2001 Stephen Carville wrote
- >I am trying to use rsync to move backup file from a cople of Oracle
- >servers to another machine where they will be backed up to tape.
- >The problem is the --delete is not working. After the transfer is
- >complete, I can do an 'ls' on the two directories and the files not on
- >the source machine are still on the destination. Needles to say this
- >is filling up the target disk very quickly.
- I am fairly new to rsync but have found writing to rsync in daemon mode to
- be unreliable. I changed to rsync over ssh (at the suggestion of someone
- on this list) and all my problems instantly disappeared. Well perhaps not
- all my problems, but the rsync related ones did.
Thank you for the sugesstion. I went ahead and tried that:
rsync --rsh=ssh -vv --recursive --delete /source/dir/* \
but it still does not delete the files!
Worse, there is no error reported. rsync just does not delete the
--Stephen Carville http://www.heronforge.net/~stephen/gnupgkey.txt
Government is like burning witches: After years of burning young
women failed to solve any of society's problems, the solution was to
burn more young women.
More information about the rsync