(fwd from mbp@samba.org) CVS update: rsync

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Tue Aug 7 00:11:07 EST 2001

On  6 Aug 2001, Albert Chin-A-Young <china at thewrittenword.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 10:30:50PM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> > Albert, I'd be interested to hear your comments on these, if you have
> > time.
>
> AC_CHECK_TYPE([socklen_t], [int]) is not robust enough.

I had a feeling it was too simple to be correct..  :)

> Are you familiar with an ftp client called lftp? It has the
> following test (it's C++ though):

I've heard of it.

So, if I understand the code you posted, the problem is that if it's
not defined, it's still not necessarily `int'.

I guess this goes for ino_t as well, although as somebody else just
pointed out on VMS inums are actual an array of short[3]!

> I just pulled down 2.4.7 and will try to work up a patch
> incorporating the logic above in the next few days.

That would be great.  In the meantime this seems to be working OK on
at least some of the build.samba.org machines, though it hadn't
propagated to all of them last time I checked.

--
Martin
VA Linux Systems