[rsync-announce] Rsync 3.2.2pre2 released

Wayne Davison wayne at opencoder.net
Mon Jun 29 04:32:13 UTC 2020

I have made rsync 3.2.2pre2 available for release testing. I noticed a
couple more minor issues with building from an alternative dir, so I
simplified the build-dir idiom to put all the generated files in the build
dir instead of having some of the configure-related ones in the src dir.
This simplification made it easy to improve my patch-maintenance and
release scripts, so I did that as well. And I finally moved the version out
of the configure script so that I don't need to re-run configure every time
the version number changes.

To see a summary of the recent changes, visit this link:

    https://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/NEWS

You can download the source tar file and its signature from here:

    https://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src-previews/rsync-3.2.2pre2.tar.gz

https://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src-previews/rsync-3.2.2pre2.tar.gz.asc

See the rsync website for other download methods, including diffs, patches,
etc.:

    https://rsync.samba.org/

See also rsync on github:

    https://github.com/WayneD/rsync