[rsync-announce] Rsync 3.0.9pre2 released
wayned at samba.org
Sat Sep 10 16:17:31 MDT 2011
Rsync version 3.0.9pre2 is now available for release testing. This is
a bug-fix release.
Please test this new release and send email to the rsync mailing list
with any questions, comments, or bug reports.
To see a full summary of the changes since 3.0.8, visit this link:
The changes since 3.0.9pre1 are:
- Fix a hang if a hard-linked file cannot be opened by the sender (e.g.
if it has no read permission).
- Fix the directory permissions on an implied dot-dir when using
--relative (e.g. /outside/path/././send/path).
- Fixed some too-long sleeping instances when using --bwlimit.
- Fixed when symlink ownership difference-checking gets compiled into
- Improved the socket-error reporting when multiple protocols fail.
- Fixed a case where a socket error could reference just-freed memory.
- Failing to use a password file that was specified on the command-line
is now a fatal error.
- Fix the non-root updating of directories that don't have the read
and/or execute permission.
- Fix a compilation issue on older C compilers (due to a misplaced var
- Make configure avoid finding socketpair on cygwin.
- Avoid trying to reference SO_BROADCAST if the OS doesn't support it.
- Fixed the user home-dir handling in the support/lsh script.
- Some minor manpage improvements.
You can download the source tar file and its signature from here:
The patches directory is now in a separate tar file (for those that want
one or more of the patches):
See the rsync website for other download methods, including diffs, etc.:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the rsync-announce