[rsync-announce] Rsync 3.0.5pre2 released
wayned at samba.org
Sat Nov 15 23:26:55 GMT 2008
Rsync version 3.0.5pre2 is now available for release testing. This is
a bug-fix release.
I hope this is the final pre-release for 3.0.5, so please test this new
release and send email to the rsync mailing list with any questions,
comments, or bug reports.
The changes since 3.0.5pre1:
- Fixed the use of a dot-dir path (e.g. foo/./bar) inside a --files-from
file when the root of the transfer isn't the current directory.
- Fixed a bug with "-K --delete" removing symlinks to directories when
incremental recursion is active.
- Fixed a hard to trigger hang when using --remove-source-files.
- Fixed reverse lookups in the compatibility-library version of
- Fixed a bug when using --sparse on a sparse file that has over 2GB of
consecutive sparse data.
- Got rid of a bunch of "warn_unused_result" compiler warnings.
- If an ftruncate() on a received file fails, it now causes a partial-
- A couple manpage improvements.
- Allow a path with a leading "//" to be preserved (CYGWIN only).
To see a full summary of the changes since 3.0.4, visit this link:
You can download the source tar file and its signature from here:
The patches directory is now in a separate tar file (for those that want
one or more of the patches):
See the rsync website for other download methods, including diffs, etc.:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync-announce/attachments/20081115/aeeaa057/attachment.bin
More information about the rsync-announce