[rsync-announce] Rsync 3.0.4pre2 released
wayned at samba.org
Sat Aug 2 21:54:46 GMT 2008
Rsync version 3.0.4pre2 is now available for release testing. This is a
bug-fix release with the only "enhancement" being the adding of a way to
interact with an overly-restrictive server that refuses rsync's
behind-the-scenes use of the -e option.
I hope this will be the final pre-release prior to 3.0.4, so please do
test this and send email to the rsync mailing list with any questions,
comments, or bug reports.
Changes since 3.0.4pre1:
- Fixed the hard-linking of files from a device that has a device
number of 0 (which seems to be a common device number on NetBSD).
- Fixed the handling of a --partial-dir that cannot be created. This
particularly impacts the --delay-updates option (since the files
cannot be delayed without a partial-dir), and was potentially
destructive if the --remove-source-files was also specified.
- The --iconv option now converts the content of a symlink too, instead
of leaving it in the wrong character-set (requires 3.0.4pre2 on both
sides of the transfer).
- When using --iconv, if a filename fails to convert on the receiving
side, this no longer interferes with deletions in the root-dir of the
- Fixed a bug where --delete-during could delete in a directory before
it noticed that the sending side sent an I/O error for that dir.
- When using --iconv, if a server-side receiver can't convert a
filename, it now outputs the name back to the client without mangling
- Changed some errors that were going to stdout to go to stderr.
- Some manpage improvements.
To see a full summary of the changes since 3.0.3, visit this link:
You can download the source tar file and its signature from here:
The patches directory is now in a separate tar file (for those that want
one or more of the patches):
See the rsync website for other download methods, including diffs, etc.:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync-announce/attachments/20080802/5d428a1d/attachment.bin
More information about the rsync-announce