[clug] Network and container monitoring dashboard for home

Tony Lewis tony at lewistribe.com
Thu Jan 19 06:51:43 UTC 2023

What's a good monitoring app for my home network?  In the past I've
tinkered with Cacti and similar tools, but I'm keen to know if there's
any new kid on the block worth checking out.

It's only for a home network, so we're talking about network throughput
monitoring, perhaps filterable by flow.  It really needs to be
agent-based, because the router is Linux but too small to run databases
and web servers.  I'm keen for it to be quick and easy with sensible
defaults, but I don't need discovery or such. For containers (in my case
LXC) I'd like to monitor the usual server stuff - CPU, memory.  For
physical servers, I'd like to monitor temperature, disk utilisation.  A
modern web UI would be nice.

Any pointers?

Thanks in advance,

Tony