[clug] Re-signing Debian Packages

jm jeffm at ghostgun.com
Fri Jan 13 02:30:26 UTC 2023

I'm getting around to reading the links referenced in the other email,
but I'll respond to this one quickly as it gives an idea of the corner
the devices are painted into. These are embedded Linux devices. These
aren't, but you may think of them as Raspberry Pis. Replacing would
involve considerable expense of sending a licensed tradesman to each
location. This problem is a consequence of decisions and a lack of fore
thought from before I joined the company. It may have been much more
important at the time to get something fielded and then it was forgotten
about. The error in this case is a mismatch between the life cycle of
the distro and the life cycle of the device. I don't want to say too
much on list, but that's the crux of it.

Jeff.