[clug] Can anyone recommend somewhere / someone to personally help with an Ubuntu upgrade?

steve jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Sun Nov 13 08:54:32 UTC 2022

I’m unable to help Keith with this in the immediate future.

Can anyone suggest a path forward for him?

============

Begin forwarded message:

From: Keith <keithsay at keithsayers.id.au>
Subject: Help!
Date: 13 Nov 2022 at 16:46:43 AEDT
To: sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au

Dear Steve,

      I am having a frustrating time trying to move up from Kubuntu 20.04 to 22.04.  I have got the .iso file downloaded onto a usb stick and am trying the burn that to a DVD-R 4.7 Gb.  It gets to the 98% mark and then stops with a 'Write error' message.  I have tried everything I can think of (longer story available) and am now wondering if I were to try  on someone else's system.  If I were to give you my usb stick and a blank DVD would you be willing to try?  Maybe we could meet in the Coffee Club in Kippax Mall?        🙁

     Thank you .....    (o491 732 362)
Keith Sayers,                  keith at keithsayers.id.au <mailto:keith at keithsayers.id.au>
6 Clambe Place,
CHARNWOOD,