[clug] Ubuntu - feeling UN-updated

Adam Baxter clug at voltagex.org
Sat May 7 07:39:28 UTC 2022

> Firstly, I am feeling somewhat frustrated about one machine:
> 1. that will diligently go and seek updates, but NOT see Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
> "Jammy", and I can't seem to convince it;
> 2. that *meets* the 22.04 spec (inc RAM);
> 3. that has an AMD 64bit processor, 4 threads;

Are you getting a message saying that the system doesn't meet requirements?

> So, what can I do to get [Ubuntu] Linux to update, please?

What does do-release-upgrade -c in the command line say?

> Secondly, another strategy is to download a new ISO and put it on a USB,
> and clean-reinstall from that.
> But, why do that when the system should do it for me?
>

> Thirdly, what ISO can I use to be generic? (AMD / Intel / etc)

I doubt there's an "AMD specific" ISO these days, I'd just go for http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/ubuntu/releases/22.04/ubuntu-22.04-desktop-amd64.iso assuming this is a desktop machine, not running Ubuntu Server.

AMD64 here just means "64 bit".

--Adam