[clug] Bonding mode 802.3ad

Michael Campbell mick at toolah.com
Fri Jun 17 04:02:40 UTC 2022

I am trying to install debian on my server with lacp bonded interface.

Bonded interface worked fine with arch and current centos install, so
the switch configuration and cabling are proven good and have not been
changed.

In a shell during the install, I am trying to configure the interface. I
type the following:

modprobe bonding

ip link enp2s0f0 down

ip link enp2s0f1 down

ip link add lacp0 type bond mode 802.3ad

ip link enp2s0f0 set master lacp0

ip link enp2s0f1 set master lacp0

ip link lacp0 up

cat /proc/net/bonding/lacp0

"Bonding Mode: load balancing (round-robin)"

Everything I do creates a mode 1 load balancing bond.

I have carefully read through the whole 1130 lines of the ip link man
page to make sure my syntax is correct and the command executes without
error.

Does anyone know where I am going wrong?

Thanks,

Michael Campbell