[clug] Looking for "Danger, Will Robinson" comment in source code

Luke Mewburn lukem-clug at mewburn.net
Sun Jun 5 06:47:18 UTC 2022

A quick grep through the NetBSD src tree found this from 1997:
	http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/arch/sun3/sun3x/pmap.c?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=MAIN

  2056  /* pmap_enter_kernel                    INTERNAL
  2057   **
  2058   * Map the given virtual address to the given physical address within the
  2059   * kernel address space.  This function exists because the kernel map does
  2060   * not do dynamic table allocation.  It consists of a contiguous array of ptes
  2061   * and can be edited directly without the need to walk through any tables.
  2062   *
  2063   * XXX: "Danger, Will Robinson!"
  2064   * Note that the kernel should never take a fault on any page
  2065   * between [ KERNBASE .. virtual_avail ] and this is checked in
  2066   * trap.c for kernel-mode MMU faults.  This means that mappings
  2067   * created in that range must be implicily wired. -gwr
  2068   */
  2069  void
  2070  pmap_enter_kernel(vaddr_t va, paddr_t pa, vm_prot_t prot)

There might be older occurrences; that was the first one I found.

cheers,
Luke.