[clug] bios problem

Adam Baxter clug at voltagex.org
Thu Jan 27 08:08:02 UTC 2022

> and pressing shift while
> shutting down, to access a special menu does not work to change the
> setting. Searching the net finds many people with the same problem, but
> no solution. I am hoping that somebody in the group may have a clue for me.

Pete,
At least on a standard desktop PC, Windows can't touch the secure boot settings.

I would also try Delete, F2, F12 and so on when booting up to access the firmware settings.
The extra menu you mention in Windows is accessed by holding down Shift while *restarting*, not shutting down.

The other thing you could try is a CMOS reset - check your motherboard manual for details.

--Adam