[clug] IP Australia, mid-1990's

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Jan 26 23:36:21 UTC 2022

On 25/1/22 8:58 am, steve jenkin via linux wrote:
> Local history.
> Someone on list will know the players, “let them remain anonymous” applies :)
>
> Great story of Other, Simpler Times.
>
> Pop quiz: The network team didn't make your change. The server is in a locked room. What do you do?
> 	Not all heroes wear capes. Some are Unix admins.

Thanks Steve, a great read.

(URLs deleted, 'cause our wonderful corporate e-mail system insists
on making them "safe"... apparently I can't be trusted with e-mailed
URLs... some recent new security threat called "spam", or "phishing"...
what will they think of next... I hear buffer overflows might become
a thing...)

cheers,
Bob Edwards.