[clug] VM initiated VMotion

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Thu Dec 15 12:33:39 UTC 2022

A random though, based on zero actual knowledge...

I am guessing that there is some software that launches the virtual
machines, and, presumably monitors that they are running and doing
restarts if necessary. From the point of view of this software a VM
that has no network activity but is still running might not appear to
be a problem.

If your VM is unable to communicate then it would be no loss to do a
shutdown when that situation is detected. This would either raise some
alarm that your VM won't run, or it might get restarted on another
host. Hence, either the faulty host gets noticed, or you have
automatically got the VM moved to another host.

Best wishes for getting it sorted.
Brenton