[clug] *BNF to diagrams: any suggested tools?

Steve Jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Fri Sep 10 01:53:50 UTC 2021

James,

brilliant - I hadn’t thought to the obvious. Thanks so much for that.

I first saw “Railway diagrams" in the “Pascal User Manual and Report” by Jensen & Wirth, probably 1974. Not sure who invented Syntax Diagrams though.

Not surprising that Knuth’s TeX, invented to typeset his maths / computing papers, would also be extended to support this computing concept.

cheers
steve

--
Steve Jenkin, IT Systems and Design