[clug] makedumpfile options that allow you to see what user process were running

Stephen Hocking stephen.hocking at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 07:08:01 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with one particular box where it is crashing due to
memory consumption. I'd set up kdump & friends, and had used the -d 31
option to makedumpfile to exclude user data (among a bunch of other things.
Before I go off on the tedious exercise of crashing a box and using various
different flags for the makedumpfile to see which one will allow me to find
what I need, has anyone else had to go through this process and found
what's a useful argument to the -d option?

--

  "I and the public know
  what all schoolchildren learn