[clug] LCA 2021 [Jan 2021] - Ardupilot update

steve jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Sun Nov 28 05:19:00 UTC 2021

Tridge’s LCA 2021  (25-Jan) update on Ardupilot

Slides weren’t linked from either Youtube or LCA pages.

========

Flying robots, a wonderful obsession
	Mon 25 Jan 1:30 p.m.–2:15 p.m.
	<https://lca2021.linux.org.au/schedule/presentation/59/>

	In this talk I will show the latest updates from the ArduPilot community where we take the obsession with flying robots very seriously.
	From tiny 100g micro-drones to monsters weighing over a tonne,
	ArduPilot continues to cover a huge range of aircraft types and uses.

========

"Flying robots, a wonderful obsession" - Andrew Tridgell (LCA 2021 Online)
	42:56min
	<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak40dAm0USA>

========

See ‘Presentations’ on Tridge’s public page
	<https://tridgell.net/tridge/>

========

Slides of talk
	<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1YQeHnuiMAsZX4N43bmz1Ljh2d5Ra2YtrchD3GHqb930/edit#slide=id.gb7cf81995c_0_109>

	pg 16
		Interesting Vehicles - includes links

	• Vision based avoidance
	• 300 km/hr tailsitter
	• 6 DOF omnicopter
	• High quality simulation of vectored quadplane
	• Automatic thermalling in gliders
	• Planting trees
	• Ocean going sailing boats
	• Huge multi-copters [Thunderwasp]

========

ACC Group (Sweden) Air Drone range
	<https://acc-group.se/products-air-drones>

========

ThunderWasp Light
	The drone is a smaller version of ThunderWasp . When there is no need for the heavy lifting, this can be adapted to lifting power and budget.
	<https://en.ocean-sar.no/drone/thunderwasp-light/>

	Includes specs
	“Ready for Market”, implies not yet in Volume Production

========

--
Steve Jenkin, IT Systems and Design
0412 786 915 (+61 412 786 915)