[clug] Analog Audio tape transcription

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Fri Mar 12 05:55:32 UTC 2021

Keith,

Re your question - sorry, no.

I went through a similar process about 25 years ago. I eventually found
an audio studio that had an open real tape recorder they were willing
to loan me [the name, if not the company, is lost in the mists of
time]. The results were not great. I seem to recall that the main issue
was head alignment.

After all this time you might be plagued with print-through echoes;
especially if it is a long play tape.

Good luck in your quest,
Brenton