[clug] Laptop Problem

Andreas Bauer a at pspace.org
Thu Mar 4 10:43:18 UTC 2021

On Thu, Mar 04, 2021 at 06:49:54PM +1100, Brett Worth via linux wrote:

> It looked like it recreated the /boot filesystem then reconfigured it  using
> information gleaned from /etc.  It did the btrfs mount of / by itself.
>
> Pretty good result really.  Would recommend boot-repair.

Out of curiosity: what FS did you put on /boot?  Also btrfs?  There
was a time (still is?), when btrfs had a reputation for ominous bugs
like this, and I was wondering whether this was an occurrence of one
of them.  (Had toyed with the idea of using it for a while, but always
been too lazy to evaluate the current state of affairs with btrfs.)

Cheers,

A.

--
Andreas Bauer, a at pspace.org, https://pspace.org/a/
"Wo die Anspielung nicht genügt, erübrigt sich der