[clug] CfP now open for linux.conf.au

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Wed Aug 11 05:37:16 UTC 2021

The CfP for linux.conf.au, 14-16 January 2022, fully online, is now open:

https://linux.conf.au/programme/proposals/

    About linux.conf.au

linux.conf.au is a conference where people gather to learn about the
entire world of Free and Open Source Software, directly from the people
who contribute. Many of these contributors give scheduled presentations,
but much interaction occurs in-between and after formal sessions between
all attendees. Our aim is to create a deeply technical conference where
we bring together industry leaders and experts on a wide range of subjects.

linux.conf.au welcomes submissions from first-time and seasoned
speakers, from all free and open technology communities, and all walks
of life. We respect and encourage diversity at our conference.

    Conference Theme

Our theme is community.

After the challenges of the past year, our community has explored ways
to rebuild the connections we were used to having face-to-face. Many
Open Source communities already had their roots online, so how can this
be applied to other areas, and how can we keep people interested as they
shift to living even more of their lives online? How can we keep in
contact with connections in other countries in a virtual way?

Please let this inspire you, but not restrict you - we will still have
many talks about other interesting topics in open source technologies.

Deciding what to speak about at linux.conf.au can be a tough challenge,
particularly for new speakers. If you would like some ideas on how to
write a talk and how to submit a proposal, we recommend watching E.
Dunham’s You Should Speak <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QIQNcGnXes>
talk from linux.conf.au 2018.

    Conference Location

linux.conf.au 2022 will be a fully online, virtual experience. This
means our speakers will be beaming in from their own homes or
workplaces. The organising team will be able to help speakers with their
tech set-up. Each accepted presenter will have a tech check prior to the
event to smooth out any difficulties and there will be an option to
pre-record the presentations.

Kind regards,

Kathy