[clug] Watercooler - was Open Source Developers in CBR

Paul Leopardi paul.leopardi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 06:07:00 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 7, 2020 at 3:54 PM Mike Cohen via linux <linux at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> +CLUG <linux at lists.samba.org> this time :-)
>
> > Cool sounds like you have a handle on things!  For me rapid prototype
> > means definitely not C++, maybe python but golang is more future proof
> > since it is as fast to write as python but very close to c++ in execution
> > speed so i wont have to rewrite it past the MVP stage.

Many of my open source projects are in an update phase.
https://sites.google.com/site/paulleopardi/research/software
I updated  GluCat to port PyClical to Python 3, and am now aiming to port
the linear algebra from uBLAS to Armadillo. One problem is that Armadillo
does not support quad precision or arbitrary precision arithmetic. At some
point, I should also update the C++ idioms used in GluCat.
I am currently updating Boolean-Cayley-graphs to Python 3 and am having
issues with backward compatibility of pickles in Sage, as well as hosting
of my PostgreSQL database.
I should also update PySAFT to Python 3.
My EQSP code at Matlab Central is out of date and I have had a new version
waiting on GitHub for a few years.
All in all, I haven't been spending enough time on code maintenance, but
life has a way of taking priority.
All the best, Paul