[clug] Apple-Google Contact Tracing API. V1 released May 20, 2020

jhock at iinet.net.au jhock at iinet.net.au
Tue May 26 00:56:45 UTC 2020

Sorry. I used the term "broadband" when I should have used "broadcast". It's been a while since thinking about these things. :--)

Also, I see that the "broadcast" option is not necessary and has been addressed by another post:

"The other way around: the central database only holds a list of
contact-tags uploaded by the COVID-19-positive subject. The other
participants in the contact-tracing network regularly check the central
database to fetch any new contact-tags added to it, then the local device
notifies the local user that they've had contact with a suspect and need to
get tested. There's no matching done at the server end, it's only there as
a repository of contact-tags uploaded by subject".

Is this the way an app will work or how it may work?

John.