[clug] old-school remote sys configuration/management options

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Thu May 7 07:29:42 UTC 2020

+1 to  "one of the cool things about Ansible is that it's
agentless"

That point goes along way with me, so many systems want to install
agents, over time, you seem to have more agents than base server !
KISS

George.

On Thursday, 07-05-2020 at 16:10 Chris Smart via linux wrote:

On Thu, 7 May 2020, at 15:49, Bob Edwards via linux wrote:

> The reason I didn't was largely influenced by:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts-announce/2020/05/msg00005.html
> - tracked by AusCERT as:
> "ESB-2020.1595 - [Debian] ansible: Multiple vulnerabilities"
>
> I was actually keeping my eye out for:
> "ESB-2020.1607 - [Debian] salt: Multiple vulnerabilities"
> but when I saw the slightly earlier Ansible one (without actually
> reading it), I became further convinced that this wasn't the
solution...
> my bad.

IMO one of the cool things about Ansible is that it's agentless. So
when there's a vulnerability, you just update the package on the host
which is going to run the jobs and you're good to go (as opposed to
having vulnerable services/agents running on each node on your
network).

-c