[clug] old-school remote sys configuration/management options

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu May 7 05:49:14 UTC 2020

Thanks

On 7/5/20 2:30 pm, Hugh Fisher wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 1:07 PM Bob Edwards via linux
> <linux at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> [ munch ]
>> Wondering if anyone else has considered this and if anyone can suggest/
>> recommend any existing frameworks or similar? I am looking for something
>> that can do some/all of:
>
> I recommend Ansible.

Thanks Hugh (and Chris, and others).

I should have taken an actual look at Ansible before posting.

The reason I didn't was largely influenced by:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts-announce/2020/05/msg00005.html
- tracked by AusCERT as:
"ESB-2020.1595 - [Debian] ansible: Multiple vulnerabilities"

I was actually keeping my eye out for:
"ESB-2020.1607 - [Debian] salt: Multiple vulnerabilities"
but when I saw the slightly earlier Ansible one (without actually
reading it), I became further convinced that this wasn't the solution...
my bad.

cheers,
Bob Edwards.