[clug] [OT] Another perpetual motion story in the press: Electric Jet using "Air Friction" for power

steve jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Sun Mar 15 21:14:26 UTC 2020

Amazed this latest impossible story is getting a run…
Can’t see a date on the page, so could be an April Fool’s piece, don’t think so.

It popped up on a news feed I see and searching for “EatherOne” yields other hits :(

I wouldn’t call it ‘fake news’, but apparently the ‘impossible physics’ filters of multiple editors aren’t working.
Does Google have a feedback service to report or tag impossible stories?

Bonikowski appears to be a real (Polish) Industrial designer with at least some of the products on his page seeming to be legit - with the primary evidence he designed them being his page.

I found a ‘FusionCopter’ site elsewhere - a very pretty 2-engine 4-seat gyrocopter still in development, but photos suggest a flying prototype.

At the very least, someone is good at creating “concept” images :)

For contrast, NASA is experimenting with electric planes.

============

EatherOne
<https://www.bonikowski.eu/work/eatherone>

Forget Fuel Tanks and Batteries
	 This New Electric Jet Concept Uses Air Friction to Generate Power
<https://robbreport.com/motors/aviation/business-jet-air-friction-power-2905135/>
	Instead of fossil fuel or large battery banks,
	Eather One will be powered by air friction across its wings and airframe.
	That kind of renewable, on-demand energy is a radical proposition

NASA’s X-57
First all-electric experimental vehicle
<https://www.nasa.gov/centers/armstrong/programs_projects/electric_propulsion/index.html>

--