[clug] CSides talk on BLE and COVIDSafe

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Jun 25 01:12:52 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I watched this quite technical CSides talk "live" last Friday evening
and found it quite enlightening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80oe1dGthiM - Jim Mussared, CSides
June 2020, Bluetooth Low Energy (aka COVIDSafe bugs)

tl;dr - if you have COVIDSafe, upgrade it to at least last Friday's
release - there have been many bugs found and fixed so far...

The Linux relevance is that most of the work is looking at the Android
app and Android is Linux... Also, the app is supposedly Open Source,
but I not aware of anyone who can build the released source code into
the released binary - so I have my doubts.

cheers,
Bob Edwards.