[clug] CLUG, ANU and COVID-19

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Thu Jun 18 06:11:38 UTC 2020

Hi Folks

I've had an inquiry asking;

"CLUG meets on the 4th Thursday of the month, and the 4th Thursday of
the month is 26th June, will the June BeerSIG or CLUG Meeting be happening?"

from
https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/news-articles/statement-from-act-chief-health-officer-on-stage-2.2-easing-of-restrictions

"Next Friday I intend to sign new Public Health Directions that will
enact our move to Step 2.2 of our plan, which we have modified to ease
restrictions further from 12 noon on Friday 19 June 2020. This will be
subject to a final assessment of the ACT situation (our checkpoint),
from a public health perspective.

The biggest change to Stage 2.2 will see the current limit of 20 people
for gatherings increase to 100 people across all areas, within one
person per 4 square metres."

from
*https://www.anu.edu.au/covid-19-advice/campus-community/university-services/events-on-campus

"Am I able to host groups of my own on campus informally? *

No. The University has decided to implement precautionary measures to
help slow the spread of the virus, including small in person meetings.  "

As ANU is not open to informal gatherings (which our booking for CLUG
falls under), and we would need to substantially reduce the meeting
participant count under ACT Health stage 2.2 measures to meet those
requirements, CLUG meetings are still indefinitely postponed.

When ANU is able to host our meetings again, and the ACT Health
restrictions have further eased, plenty of notice will be provided to
the list to advise when both beersig and meetings will be starting up again.

regards