[clug] Tridge's award

Antonio Marzano antonio.marzano1 at bigpond.com
Mon Jan 27 09:11:30 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I was not going to join the chorus to congratulate Tridge only because I
have never met him. My reasoning was that if I had never met Tridge it
would seem insincere to send congratulations from someone he has never
met. I know that a lot of people who attend CLUG meetings speak highly
of Tridge. I have sent this email for a related reason. Before I get to
that, congratulations Tridge for being awarded the Medal of the Order of
Australia.

The source that I think Steve Hanley cited was:
https://honours.pmc.gov.au/honours/awards/2005825

I was watching WIN Local News tonight and a name and face made an
appearance that I knew in the back of my mind that I had come across
before. Then the Telstra logo came up on the screen and I knew where it
was from.

If he is on the list or if someone can pass on a message of
congratulations to Geoff Huston he was made a Member of the Order of
Australia. I have heard Geoff speak at CLUG meetings but that is my
extent that I know Geoff. I know that a lot of other people on this list
know him very well. Here is part of the extract that appears on the PMC
website:

Mr Geoffrey Ian HUSTON
Member of the Order of Australia
ACT
Red Hill
2603
For significant service to science, and through pioneering roles with
the internet.

The extract for the PMC website appears below:

https://honours.pmc.gov.au/honours/awards/2006012

I am not sure whether other people on the CLUG list knew about Geoff
Huston’s award.

If there are any other recipients of any Australia Day honours on the
CLUG list please come forward. It would be nice for the people that know
you to be able to say congratulations.

Regards,

Tony Marzano