[clug] Tridge's award

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Sat Jan 25 21:36:43 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 08:07:41AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell via linux wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> [Sorry to those who get this twice, this time I have the correct
> addresses (hopefully)]
>
> I would like to extend my sincerest congratulations to Tridge for a well
> deserved award.  Truly he is one of the (gentle, quiet) giants on whose
> shoulders we all perch.

And for those not following the Order of Australia Medals this is the
content for the medal

MEDAL (OAM) OF THE ORDER OF AUSTRALIA IN THE GENERAL DIVISION
Dr Andrew James TRIDGELL,
Griffith ACT 2603
For service to information technology.

Software programmer and developer
   Founder, RSync, since 1990s.
   Founder, Samba, since 1990s-2011.
   Lead Developer, MAVProxy.
   Technical Lead, CanberraUAV.
   ArduPilot SoftwareTeam member, since 2012. Lead Developer, current.

Other
   Educator and Course Developer, Research School of Computer Science, Australian National University, early 2000s-2016.
   Honorary Lecturer, College of Engineering and Computer Science, Australian National University, current.

Well done Tridge

Steve

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary