[clug] IBM claims to have made a new battery design that is environment friendly

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Sun Jan 19 07:23:28 UTC 2020

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohnsman/2020/01/09/hydrogen-on-the-rise-at-ces-from-drones-and-daimler-trucks-to-toyotas-city-of-the-future/

https://reneweconomy.com.au/category/smart-transport/hydrogen-fuel-cell/

https://www.shell.com.au/make-the-future/cleaner-mobility/the-great-travel-hack/season-one/fuels-vehicles.html

> > I keep hearing how "one day" it will be the way forward.
> >
> > I guess Hydrogen Fuel Cells are not going to help rovers and
drones
> > get around on Mars though, "The estimated mean volume ratio of
> > molecular oxygen (O2) in the Martian atmosphere is 0.174%"
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere_of_Mars

(Brenton, thanks for this information. even more stuff for me to read
about, great ...)

Flywheels?  what !
"If the material could be used in flywheels for energy storage the
energy density would 40 times more than lithium-ion batteries.
Electric cars with carbon nanotube bundle flywheels would have a range
of 10,000 miles."

https://www.ammoniaenergy.org/articles/israeli-group-develops-new-electrolysis-technology/

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2018/10/cnt-bundle-material-for-flywheels-40-times-better-than-batteries.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lianeyvkoff/2020/12/30/vws-robots-and-battery-wagons-could-turn-every-garage-parking-space-into-an-ev-charging-station/