[clug] Looking for tales of mesh networks

Brett Downing brett.downing1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 03:39:44 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I keep getting asked to build wireless sensor networks, and I keep seeing
people try to build silver bullets for a problem that is just too complex
for one-size-fits-all.

I'd like to build something (even if it's just some textbook examples), and
I'd like to share it with a community so I don't have to make all the
mistakes myself.

Community driven wireless mesh has been done several times for myriad
applications, and I'm sure it's been done in Canberra before, but details
are pretty thin on the ground.

Does anyone have stories of local wifi mesh projects or sensor network
builds? or even just strong opinions about them?

Cheers,
Brett.