[clug] Any spare HDD magnets?

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Tue Dec 1 02:08:08 UTC 2020

Tony,

Your idea might be OK in calm conditions but even a slight breeze can
produce a flapping effect which will induce quite large forces at the
edges of the shade cloth.

Having just done a small experiment I noticed that while the magnets
provide a quite large force of attraction it is still quite easy to
slide them when there is something between the magnet and the steel
surface.

Hope you find a solution.
Brenton