[clug] Lenovo to ship laptops pre-installed with Fedora

Neill Cox neill.cox at ingenious.com.au
Wed Apr 29 00:20:16 UTC 2020

I guess I can see this argument, but having previously been an Ubuntu user
I find myself much happier with Fedora.  The six-monthly update process is
pretty straightforward. Smaller, more frequent updates can be a lot easier
than moving from one Ubuntu LTS to the next. I don't really see much
difference ease of use between the two distros (but I'm hardly new to Linux)

I don't think there's much chance of an LTS Fedora - that niche is filled
by RHEL / Centos.

It would be nice if Lenovo and Dell offered a choice of distro, but I can
see why they don't.

Better that Lenovo offer an alternative to Ubuntu at least.

Cheers,
Neill

Neill Cox
Ingenious Software Pty Ltd