[clug] remote power cycling many machines

Alastair D'Silva alastair at d-silva.org
Sat Apr 4 23:57:46 UTC 2020

If a hardwired solution is what you want, I have a 16 channel SSR controller
design, that speaks 1-Wire. Support is via OWFS.

https://github.com/InfernoEmbedded/onewire-softdevice

Hardware is minimal, and should cost <$10/unit in small quantities. It's
built around an STM32 micrcontroller, with a handful of supporting parts,
voltage regs, static suppression, RJ45 jacks and a handful of passives. I've
got blank PCBs & most parts for them already. You'll need to be able to deal
with SMD soldering to assemble them.

Output is 0-3.3V, which can drive solid state relays or low power mosfets.
For PCs, a mosfet pulling the reset or power switch lines to ground will
substitute for a button press.

--
Alastair D'Silva           mob: 0423 762 819
skype: alastair_dsilva     msn: alastair at d-silva.org
blog: http://alastair.d-silva.org    Twitter: @EvilDeece