[clug] remote power cycling many machines

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Sat Apr 4 21:58:37 UTC 2020

On 4/4/20 9:18 pm, Brett Worth via linux wrote:
> On 4/4/20 8:11 pm, Robert Edwards via linux wrote:
>> What have others tried/can recommend?
>
> Bob,
>
> This might do it:
> https://www.jaycar.com.au/smart-plug-wifi-controlled-mains-switch/p/MS6106
>
> I've never used one but I might now that I know they exist.
>
> Brett

Thanks Brett.

Alas, WiFi is not really an option, for several reasons, boiling down
to: I can't set up WiFi APs near the machines and the corporate network
requires username/password, which I am not going to be able to easily
get (and I am not using mine...).

Also, if I were to use these devices, I would definitely need to reflash
to free them from the cloud.

cheers,
Bob Edwards.