[clug] Pentium4 and Ubuntu

rodney peters rodneyp at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 2 21:49:31 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-03 08:39, peter via linux wrote:
> Re pentium4 and ubuntu
>
> The pentium4 machine would not have a EUFI bios; has ubuntu made the
> stick bootable in eufi and not legacy?
>
> good luck
>
> Pete

Peter E description of the "boot" was somewhat ambiguous.  I interpreted
it as a boot was initiating but stalling.

On a couple of circa 2002 machines I have, USB stick will not boot -
period.  Absolutely no display other that "no boot device found - insert
boot medium and press Enter".  That is because the relevant BIOS are not
GRUB2 compatible.  ISTR some DVD too are now also using GRUB2 in lieu
isolinux to boot.

Rod