[clug] Cut a file in place.

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Tue Sep 17 00:37:21 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 17-09-2019 at 09:31 Andrew Janke via linux wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Let's say I have a 26GB compressed archive and 17GB of spare disk space and
> want to cut it up into chunks. The internet says no, but this list
> typically doesn't fail me.

Would the file be on a Tablet or phone device?  I am amazed why the small total storage space.

There used to be zip programs that zip a large file, breaking it up into a number of CD or DVD sized files.  While there is usually advantage of zipping a archive file, breaking the file into smaller sizes can be an advantage.

But it has been so long since I needed to do this I would no longer know what software can do this.

As most (but not DOS) systems have USB, I normally connect a USB External drive and copy the file/s over to that.