[clug] Using Ext2/3/4 filesystem on Windows

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Tue Oct 8 06:18:56 UTC 2019

I am not sure that changing the file system and/or the underlying
operating system is going to help in circumstances like the ANU had.
My reading of what has been written in the media gives the impression
that the flaw was that their email client has a preview window that
will happily execute stuff in incoming emails.[OK, "happily" is
probably a bit harsh - MS have been improving their security over the
years. However it was apparently tricked into executing something.]
It appears that users want to be able to move complex multi-media files
to any machine they happen to be using.I suspect this is something that
is not compatible with the concept of security.
Brenton