[clug] November 2019 CLUG Meeting

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Sun Nov 24 01:05:01 UTC 2019

  Canberra Linux Users Group - November 2019

 Date:          28th November 2019 (Fourth Thursday of the month)

 Time:         18:00 - end (it's up to you if you want to miss the talk)

 Abstract:     It's BeerSIG time!
               'What's BeerSIG?' I hear you ask! BeerSIG is a social
               gathering, and an opportunity to get together with
               like minded people and share a social pint.

               This month we're back at The Duxton at O'Connor shops.

 Location:     The Duxton
               8 Macpherson St, O'Connor ACT 2602
               https://goo.gl/maps/xqFQYiESgCChP6c56

 Time:         19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)

 Title:        Containerisation with Docker
	       Brad Marshall

 Abstract:     This talk will cover what a container is, and what is the
               motivation behind using them.  We'll also dive into Docker
               and how it works, including an examples of how to build, run
               and define more complex architectures using docker-compose,
               as well as how to persistantly store data.

 Venue:        Room N101
               Computer Science and Information Technology Building
               North drop
               The Australian National University

               See http://clug.org.au/ for more directions and a map

 Food/drink:   Pizza and soft drink/juice. Come hungry, and bring
               about $6-$7 to cover the cost of your share if you
               want some.

 December Meeting - sometime late in December 2019

 Proposed extended BeerSIG meeting instead.