[clug] Ignition

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Thu Nov 21 08:51:59 UTC 2019

Is anyone using Ignition?

Today was the first time I have heard of it.  There seems to be so many different systems run or support containers. I do have trouble keeping track of them.

https://coreos.com/ignition/docs/latest/what-is-ignition.html
Ignition is a new provisioning utility designed specifically for Container Linux, which allows you to manipulate disks during early boot. This includes partitioning disks, formatting partitions, writing files (regular files, systemd units, networkd units, and more), and configuring users. On the first boot, Ignition reads its configuration from a source-of-truth (remote URL, network metadata service, or hypervisor bridge, for example) and applies the configuration.

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC79/Container

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC/Installing+Ignition+on+Linux#InstallingIgnitiononLinux-InstallingusingDebianPackageManagement