[clug] [OT] 'Technical Debt' in Infrastructure, now entering mainstream media

Sam Couter sam at couter.id.au
Fri Nov 8 07:50:09 UTC 2019

As far as code quality goes, OpenSSL is still poop. So was the Linux kernel
before everybody who wasn't Linus got into it. Tridge is somewhat of an
outlier, and will probably admit the first version of samba wasn't perfect
either.

In short, these are a bunch of examples supporting Paul's point. Those
projects all started with huge technical debt and their value lay elsewhere.